nuff add

Dec 28, 2010

The Season of the Witch is Here

Something too look forward to in the new year.

Season of the witch

When I first read the title of this movie, The Season of the Witch, I was guessing along the line of Harry Potter meets Sorceress Apprentice given it was another Nicolas Cage movie. ( not the HP part though, I just like HP so sue me :D ) The trailer then really put me in track about the burning of witches in 15th century as a set up for the movie.

As most Malaysians, I only haven't the slightest bit of idea what the whole witch burning was as it was never in our history books. The US film industry has educated us more about their history more than any other book can. But then again the facts as to where the story lies is still in question. Undeniably though, they have open the horizons for people that do not have the privilege to travel to all over the world, to actually see the world through the telly.

In Malaysia, witchcraft was more in sense of having revenge over other people that tick you off as is deemed as a inhumane thing to do. In my understanding however, witchcraft in the West is more of manipulating other people into doing your biding or just to tricking other people's man to fall for you. If it was about the people who practise magic in our country, I would have to say that the thought that your going to be haunted till death by creatures that are not visible to the human eye is indeed very scary. In the case of Western witches is the fear not knowing what they are capable of really does knocks you off your chair. Sure the ugly faces would just throw anyone off, I'm more afraid of the fact that they can do whatever the hell they want. But then again, isn't everybody scared of the unknown?

So I am ultimately looking forward to this movie when it opens up on January 6th. Let's see if I can get my scaredy brother to watch it with me ;)

0 Chocolates:

Post a Comment