nuff add

Jun 16, 2011

Local Lovees

This was actually a post from when I was still on LiveJournal. How is it that my mind works better then than it does now?


Well, anyway, I started listening to this song again, so thought what I said then haven't change of what I'm gonna say now: 


I was never a big fan of my own local music. They're good I admit, but I just simply prefer international songs. This was my thoughts ages ago when I was in secondary school. Maybe it was also the influence of how I was brought up. We spoke English most of the time at home and I only usually converse is Malay at school or with friends at school.

Now, I'm a lot older, I have fallen in love with our local songs. But most of the songs are the English songs or really old ones from the early 90's. The time when lyrics were written from sincerity and the music is played with the heart. The current songs local English songs just try way too hard in copying the international genre that it has lost the meaning of making music.

However, when I heard this particular song, it made swoon all over again for our local music. The melody is beautiful and the lyrics are sincere. I love this song with all my heart. This song is the soundtrack form the movie Talentime directed by the late Yasmin Ahmad. Our beloved most talented director that has created movies that shows the other side of life with truth and honesty in her stories that make us proud to be who we really are no matter what race we are. Yasmin Ahmad, we will always miss you!




2 comments:

  1. woot woot...
    oh lagu ni awak sukeeeeeeeeeeeeee sgt...
    saya tau...
    dalam bilik pun sukeeeeeeeeeeeeee pasang banyak kali...
    saya tak kisah sebab lagu ni memang beeeeeeeessstttt...

    hai..i miss u :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @habsahharun

    Yeezzzzzaaaa!!!
    Saya memang suke lagu nih XDXDXD
    Mish you toooo ;)

    ReplyDelete