nuff add

Feb 15, 2011

Should I?

I know I should be finishing my Literature Review, but I just can't get this thought out of my head. And for those who was expecting to be the update for the raws, I'm sorry. My thesis is killing me right now.

Like I said, I really have to get this off my head. The other day, I went to Kinokuniya at KLCC with a friend because she wanted to find a book. So I went with her, because she's not too familiar with the roads in KL and I don't blame her. I have been living in KL my whole life and still get lost. Apparently they change every other weekend ( denying the fact that I suck at navigation).

Anyways, while I was there, helping my friend find her book, I got a good look at the Japanese book section. Don't get me wrong, I go there every month to pick up my LaLa but, I never really took a good look at the whole section because I was always too eager to get home and look at the latest chapters. I went through the magazines (just the covers,they were sealed), the tankubons and even the designers magazine section. Apparently it common for (almost) all magazine to give a gift in their magazine in every issue they publish. They're more if a look book where they promote their newest line for every season.There were from Anna Sui, Stussy, Tommy Hillfiger, DKNY and all the other brands. I was particularly  interested in the ones from BAPE.They give out a bag in every issue and they are so cool!!

Is it just me or is she holding a Birkin??

Back to topic, while I was browsing through the tankubons, the official volumes of mangas, I came accross Aihara Miki's latest work. It's called 5-ji kara 9-ji made or from 5 to 9. I have always been a fan of Aihara's works started with Hot Gimmick. The Josei content pulled me away from the shuoujo genre that I have been so attached to. This story is about a women who is an English teacher at a language centre who is in love with one of her colleague and he is also interested in her. However, both don't seem to want to make the first move. With that happening, a high schooler, another teacher and a monk, who is also one of her student seems to be interested in her as well. It the usual reverse harem theme that Aihara Miki seem to love. Women being in the centre of attention. Which I love :D you cant blame a women for dreaming right?:P


The header on Aihara's blog.
So here's the dilemma, the tankubon is up to volume 2. I'm wondering if I should buy it and do scanlations on them?? Of course I would have to get the agreement of my fellow scanlation team members but I don't wanna bother asking when I myself is not sure that I would buy the tankubon. What do you guys think? To or not to?

8 comments:

  1. Hm..it depends..how many chapters are there in volume 1? I have seen up to chapter 9 in Chinese until they stopped uploading it. ^^; The English teacher's story is indeed a reverse harem and she's a really irritating character in a way. Let's just say she is kind of a player. The monk is her 'marriage date' whom she dumped but he has been pestering her ever since. I had summarized chapter 1 before. Anyway, she is like VK's Yuuki. When she is with the monk, she just kept on thinking of glasses guy. Spoilers below:

    I'm not into the monk since he is a bit too possessive. It isn't good to lock up a girl just because she isn't into you. =P As for glasses guy, he is too timid to admit his feelings and that other girl, secretary, iirc is trying desperately to stop him ending up with glasses guy. He's drunk and she kind of pretend that something happened between them. ^^; The 'girl' high schooler also likes the English teacher. 'She' is a crossdresser. ^^;;

    The fun part of this all is the cover of volume 2. That tomboyish teacher, Momoe is into BL/Yaoi manga. That's the cute part in this series. ^-^ Arthur finds out her secret and they made a deal to go steady for their own respective reasons. He seems to be also a player but has not yet really loved and is interested in her since she is really 'different' and 'clueless'. He is four years younger than her. It will be interesting how he tries to woo her and make her admit/really fall for him. This two make a cute couple. Up to chapter 9, they only have 1 and half chapters + side story when they stayed overnight at the monk's place with the English teacher. It is funny how she tries to imagine 'BL scenes' of the guys there. =P

    So with that, I hope it can help you decide whether to buy it or not. ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should do it because this series looks FABULOUs!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm... im also a big fan of aihara's work. reading from kat's comment, sounds interesting. like it when the female lead's tomboyish surrounded by hot guys. that's what i think :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm desperately looking for scanlations from this awesome shojo manga, but nobody wants =(, even when my real language is spanish, about that sorry for my awful english. If your team and you can, please give us some hapiness *______* Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kind of a late comment, but I've always been a pretty obsessive fan of Aihara Miki and it kind of eats me up inside that I can't find RAWs or translations for this series. It would be pretty awesome if you did it, but if you have work or other more important issues then it's ok, I won't die or anything x).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's a link to Chinese raws (up to ch. 32): http://www.17kk.cc/intro/17790.htm
    It seems that they're still updating every now and then!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also have become a fan of 'From 5 to 9' and it kills me that it takes so loooong to get the chapters translated to English. If you decide to proceed with summarizing the (as yet) unposted chapters, I would be soooo thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooops, just saw that this was posted in 2011, ha ha! Well what the heck! I would still love it if someone would summarize the missing chapters!

    ReplyDelete